Friday, July 29, 2011

My first blog! WOOHOO!

Hello everyone!  This is my very first blog and I'm absolutely excited!  I really want to figure out how to post special deals, coupons, fantastic values, and sweepstakes to enter!  I'm just a SAHM most days....unless I am fortunate enough to get a phone call for a substitute teaching job!  I love to be around all of the children!  They are frustrating sometimes, but a joy at other times.  All of you Moms and Dads understand!  I'm usually stuck in the house and find myself surfing the internet daily for good deals.  Other times, I'm working with my youngest sons on preschool skills.  I'm excited about all of the back to school deals that have been available!  I have found Elmer's Glue sticks (2 pk) for $0.40/each at Wal-Mart!  I snatched a few of those up!  I prefer Fiskars scissors for the kids and found those on sale at Staples.  That is my other "Go-To" place around here.  We're out in the mountains in PA and I have to drive at least 40 minutes by highway or interstate to find the largest stores.  I depend a lot on Wal-Mart and price matching other ads.  That saves me gas money to the larger cities!  That also saves my nerves from becoming frazzled by taking both children (3 & 4 yrs old) to the store with me!  However, if I see Target having a special deal like a gift card with purchase of so many items, I will make the sacrifice!  

Lately, I have been taking my children to see "Disney's Winnie the Pooh" at the local movie theater.  I have located a few M&M bags that say "Win Movie Tickets!" on them.  Inside, there is a special code.  You enter it online and you will receive $3 off of a movie ticket and approximately 2 months to use it!  I have used those during the matinee hours with my children at Regal cinema and used my Regal Rewards card each time.  Sometimes, a special coupon will print out for free soda, $2 candy (I usually get mine at Dollar Tree - same boxes), and Yahoo! Movies is giving out free popcorn if you send the e-mail to your smartphone.  Hint:  the e-mails are only valid for 7 days.  I found that out the hard way!  

We shall see how well this new blog goes!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment