Friday, May 25, 2012

Our Stimulating Summer


I am seeking out the most fun activities that our in our own backyard!  I have planned for us to visit the  The Crayola FactoryHawk MountainRoadside AmericaGettysburg Children's MuseumCrystal Cave....and that's just to get us started!  

I am still exploring local activities for my children.  My favorite is  Lowes Build and Grow Clinic.  This weekend, the children are building an Ice Cream Truck!  So far, John & Jacob have built a race car, dinosaur, basketball goal and a terrarium!  The next big build on June 9th will be a Madagascar 3" airplane!  I'm sure that movie will be high on our "Summer Must-See" list!  

We have already been busy exploring on our own turf!  We have made lemonade, eaten watermelon (discovered seeds haha), swept the porch & sidewalk, created a chalk hopscotch grid, rode big wheels, dug in the dirt (examined ants, earthworms, grubs and roly polies), played basketball, etc.  I like to keep things simple.  We love to dance!  We danced a Conga line on Cinco de Mayo!  The kids LOVED that!  My next big venture will be the piñata! 


No comments:

Post a Comment